PERSONAL TRAINER / CLINICAL NUTRITIONIST SERVICES AGREEMENT CONTRACT
By accepting and paying for the initial meeting, client agrees to the following with KATSIARYNA EMELJANA sole trader.
•You will discuss and agree the support you require from KATSIARYNA EMELJANA in your first session, and review the progress and focus of your work together as you go along. You may decide to end your work together at this point or continue working together on a more ad-hoc basis.
• KATSIARYNA EMELJANA will use their skills and knowledge to design a safe programme of exercise nutrition that will take into account the personal goals, health condition, fitness levels and preferences.
• KATSIARYNA EMELJANA will provide the coaching, supervision advice and support that the client may need to help them achieve their goals. The client’s progress will be regularly monitored and the programme revised and adjusted accordingly.
• KATSIARYNA EMELJANA will provide all necessary equipment and will organize appropriate venues for all training or counseling sessions.
• All client information will be kept strictly private and confidential. If KATSIARYNA EMELJANA requires further medical information from a practitioner, the client must provide such details.
• It is understood between client and trainer that both will commit to the programme and give 100% effort.
• The client is required to arrive 5 minutes prior to a booked session so that a full session can be achieved on each visit.
• The client is required to wear appropriate clothing and footwear at personal training sessions. Clothes should be loose fitting and non-restrictive. Footwear should be comfortable and provide adequate support.
Personal Training Terms and Conditions Health Screening
• All clients must complete a questionnaire before commencing any exercise programme.
• Your trainer may require a letter of ‘medical clearance’ from your GP. Please be aware that your GP may charge you for this.
• 48 hours notice of cancellation is required for all appointments.
• Notice of between 24 and 48 hours will require a 50% payment of the session fee.
• Notice of less than 24 hours notice will incur full payment of the session fee.
• The deposit paid prior to a first session is non-refundable, however, the session can be rearranged with a notice of 48 hours prior to the session.
• All the purchased digital products and service packages via KATSIARYNA EMELJANA`s website are intellectual property and non-refundable.
• If the client is late for a session the session will not be extended and will end at the appointed time.
• If KATSIARYNA EMELJANA is late, additional time will be added to the session or to subsequent sessions.
Fee Charging Policy
• In order to book a first session client is required to pay a deposit of £20. After the first session client can decide about options of packages to purchase, and pay the rest amount at that time.
• Payment for single sessions must be made at the time of booking.
• Package bookings must be paid in advance BUT sessions do not have to be booked in advance. However, all sessions must be used within 30 days of purchase and booking.
• It is required to do a full prepay of online-sessions. The invoice will be sent to client`s email at the time of booking an appointment.
• All monies paid are non-refundable, except serious medical conditions of client when it is not possible to complete all purchased personal training sessions (this case requires relevant medical records).
Record Keeping & Data Protection
• KATSIARYNA EMELJANA retains a record of your name, contact details and dates and times of appointments on a password-protected database.
• KATSIARYNA EMELJANA is required to keep brief notes about the focus of your work. These are kept securely and are password protected.
•Any reports produced by KATSIARYNA EMELJANA to evaluate the service contains anonymous data and will not contain any identifying information of clients.
• KATSIARYNA EMELJANA operates in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Working on Skype, Phone & FaceTime
• It is client`s responsibility to have a working internet connection for all Skype and FaceTime sessions. Client will be charged for scheduled sessions if KATSIARYNA EMELJANA is waiting for the call, but client is unable to connect online. Client will be called for any phone sessions to a UK landline or mobile number if you are in the UK.
• KATSIARYNA EMELJANA practice in accordance with the British Association for Nutrition Ethical Framework and in line with KATSIARYNA EMELJANA policies regarding Equal Opportunities and Safety.
The Clinical Nutrition Descriptor
Clinical Nutrition is the application of nutrition science in the promotion of health, peak performance and individual care. Clinical Nutrition practitioners use a wide range of tools to assess and identify potential nutritional imbalances and understand how these may contribute to an individual's symptoms and health concerns. This approach allows them to work with individuals to address nutritional balance and help support the body towards maintaining health. Clinical Nutrition is recognised as a complementary medicine and is relevant for individuals with chronic conditions, as well as those looking for support to enhance their health and wellbeing.
Practitioners consider each individual to be unique and recommend personalized nutrition and lifestyle programmes rather than a 'one size fits all' approach. Practitioners never recommend Clinical Nutrition as a replacement for medical advice and always refer any client with 'red flag' signs or symptoms to their medical professional. They will also frequently work alongside a medical professional and will communicate with other healthcare professionals involved in the client's care to explain any Clinical Nutrition programme that has been provided.
Clinical nutritionists use a holistic approach to healing, taking into consideration the whole person, mind, body and soul. This approach is evidence-informed, meaning research findings and traditional medicine knowledge are combined to inform treatments plans.
Clinical nutritionists recognize that disease is complex and is caused by a combination of factors. As a result, clients are given individualized care in response to their health.
Clinical nutritionists mostly work in primary and secondary healthcare. Primary care is a clients’ first point of contact with the health system, often at the preventative or early stages of health-related issues. Secondary care is generally for acute health-related issues requiring intervention.
The Clinical Nutritionist requests that the Client notes the following:
The degree of benefit obtainable from Clinical Nutrition may vary between clients with similar health problems and following a similar Clinical Nutrition programme. Nutritional advice will be tailored to support health conditions and/or health concerns identified and agreed between both parties.
Clinical Nutritionists are not permitted to diagnose, or claim to treat, medical conditions.
Nutritional advice is not a substitute for professional medical advice and/or treatment.
Your Clinical Nutritionist may recommend food supplements and/or functional testing as part of your Clinical Nutrition programme and may receive a commission on these products or services.
Standards of professional practice in Clinical Nutrition are governed by the CNHC Code of Conduct.
This document only covers the practice of Clinical Nutrition within this consultation, and your practitioner will make it clear if he or she intends to step outside this boundary.